February 22 – June 2, 2019
Registration is now open for our Teacher Training 2019.
Thank you for your interest in our RYT-200 Teacher Training program. Making the decision to join our Teacher Training will take you on an exciting journey of self-discovery, self-inquiry and personal transformation.
Why learn with us…
As guides and teachers at we offer a fun, supportive, nurturing learning environment to develop the necessary tools and skills to become a yoga teacher. The process gives you a holistic platform from which you can enhance your own and other’s lives with both confidence and a deepening awareness of self.
The Teacher Training program has been designed to offer a well-rounded introduction to the practical skills required for teaching as well as an understanding of the ancient yogic philosophies and how to integrate these when teaching classes for our modern day world.
Teacher Trainees are offered an opportunity to deepen and expand their own practice whilst learning to teach from a place of authenticity and integrity.
We encourage Teacher Trainees to develop their full potential, moving through the process of personal transformation into a deeper place of conscious awareness.
Our RYT 200-hour teacher training is a comprehensive program that will provide the essential knowledge and tools for dedicated students who wish to teach or simply enhance their practice and understanding of yogic principles and philosophy.
The Teacher Training will prepare you to teach two styles of yoga including Vinyasa and Yin.
We welcome you to join us for this incredible rewarding journey on and off the mat!
We’re as passionate about preparing our teachers to teach as we are about our yoga!
Professional and Transformational
The 3.5-month course allows time to learn the asanas (postures) anatomy and biomechanics, as well as how to help prevent injuries in class.
Small Class Size
With only 21 spaces available we make sure you receive our undivided individual attention.
We introduce different styles of yoga, mindfulness and meditation (Vinyasa, Hatha and Yin). Our focus is on approaching the asanas in a variety of ways, ensuring students are well equipped with teaching methodology tools and techniques.
We provide voice-coaching sessions so that students learn to speak confidently and authentically.
Real Class Teaching /Assisting Experience
Training includes the opportunity to be mentored and assist in a regular classes.
After graduating from the training, the first 3 public classes teaching at the studio will be mentored by the lead trainers.
You will learn…
- The proper alignment, benefits and potential risks of foundational yoga postures in Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Yin.
- Principles of anatomy and how they apply to each posture.
- Intelligent sequencing of a yoga class.
- How to observe and see bodies and be able to make basic hands on adjustments.
- The art of using your voice with confidence and authenticity.
- Confidence through practice teaching, giving and receiving feedback from teachers and students.
- An introduction to ancient yoga history and philosophy including the Yoga Sutras.
- An introduction into the subtle body, Ayurveda, meridians, chakras and meditation.
- Sanskrit names of postures and their etymology.
- Ethics of a yoga teacher. The student/teacher relationship.
- The business of yoga and what’s next.
Training Payment Options
(Cash, EFTPOS and Online Transfer payment methods only)
Option 1: NZ $4,800, includes 4 months unlimited yoga and 10% off all books.
Option 2: NZ$4,300 if you already have an unlimited membership with The Yoga Corner/ Om Yoga Studio.
Early Registration Discount
Save $300 if you register and pay before November 30th, 2018.
Enrolment in this program is not confirmed until a $2,500 (non refundable or transferrable) minimum deposit is received.
For cancellation one month prior to the start date, payment will be refunded less $500 application fee. Less than one month prior to and up to the day before training begins, 25% of the teacher training cost will be refunded. There is NO refund once training begins.
Dismissal from the Program
Group work demands trust, promptness and accountability on the part of student and teacher alike for maximum effectiveness and growth. Should you fail to meet the code of ethics, preparation and/or attendance requirements of the Program you be given up to two reminders depending on the situation, after which you be asked to leave the Program with no fees paid back. Any missed sessions need to make up by paying the lead teacher / workshop teacher $90 per hour for private sessions.
Class Size: Limited to 21 students only.
Training Dates and Times
(Long weekends Friday – Sunday – 7am – 7pm):
Clinics will be held on Saturdays for 4 hours and workshops on Sundays 3-4 hours of the same weekend as clinics.
- February 22nd – 24th – Module One
- March 9th _ Yin workshop
- March 10th – Asana Clinic
- March 22nd – 24th – Module Two
- Apr 6th – 7th – Asana Clinic
- April 26th – 28th – Module Three
- May 11th – Voice Coaching
- May 12th – Kara-Leah Workshop Home Practice
- May 24th – 26th – Module Four – Mindfulness
- May 30th – Jun 1st – Final practical’s and Written assessment
- June 2nd (Graduation)
Typical Daily Schedule
Topics and content subject to change each day but the framework will remain the same
Requirements for Completion
- Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi.
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens.
- Yoga Anatomy 2nd edition by Leslie Kaminoff.
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele.
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- The Heart of Yoga by T.V.K. Desikachar
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Gunaratana.
- Light on Life by BKS Iyengar.
- Beyond Power Yoga by Beryl Bender Birch.
- Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers.
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stephens
- Yoga Adjustments by Mark Stephens.
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith.
Students must have a regular personal practice whilst participating in the training. You are expected to practice either at Om Yoga Studio or The Yoga Corner 3-4 times a week outside the training hours. A mix of all these styles (Vinyasa, Yin, Yin Yang, Hatha Align, and Hot Hatha) is essential to the practice. This will give a well-rounded base for understanding how these styles differ and what to expect when teaching.
In order to graduate and receive a certificate of completion, a student must achieve a 65% pass mark for all study assignments, and 75% for all practical requirements including the final exam. There are no exceptions. Your certificate is recognized by Yoga Alliance®.
Please click here to express your interest or register for the training.